• Dr. G. Ranganath was born on 26 June, 1961.
• Dr. G. Ranganath obtained his B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering from Mysore University.
• M.E in Machine Design from Bangalore University and Ph.D. in Material Science from Mangalore University.
• He assumed the office of Vice Principal in 1991 and subsequent to promotion, he has been serving as Principal since 2008.
• As Principal at Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur, he has introduced ‘Emerging and Advanced Infrastructure’ in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
• As Principal, he successfully organized International Conferences, National Conventions, All India Seminars, Workshops, Symposia and other specialized engineering events.
• He co-ordinated projects of National Importance such as Characterization of Mechanical and Thermal Behavior of Syntactic Aluminum foam; Application of Emerging Technologies; Trends and Developments in Renewable Energy Sources; Micromachining and Modernization of CAD/CAM lab.
• He has been serving as the Chairman, Board of Studies-Faculty of Mechanical Engineering since 2007.
• He is a Member Secretary of Governing Council, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur.
• He is the Chairman of Academic Council, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur.
• He served as a Syndicate Member at Periyar University, Salem.
• At present, he is nominated as Member in the Planning Board of Periyar University by his excellence Governor of Tamilnadu as his nominee for a period of three years.
• Past Chairman IE(I),Salem local center.
• Chairman IE(I), Tamil Nadu State center for the period 2016-18.
• He possesses the memberships in Professional Bodies such as:
Fellow of The Institution of Engineers (India), Kolkata
Life Member of ISTE, New Delhi
Life Member of National Society for Entrepreneurship Development, Hosur
Life Member of National HRD Network
Life Member of Computer Society of India, Mumbai
• He has over 20 years of multifaceted inter-disciplinary professional experiences and has pioneered about 70 Research publications and 10 books on Engineering and Technology.
• He has published over 100 technical papers in reputed journals and conferences.
• Under his Guideship 5 Research Scholars awarded Ph.D and 7 Research Scholars are working.
• He deserves to be a resource person with evident experience in the fields of Composite Materials, Powder Metallurgy, Engineering Design and Vibration.
• Over seven years, he played a significant role in establishing the ISTE Best Chapter Award (2004-2010) under his Chairmanship.
• With his extensive association with IEI & ISTE, he, as a multifaceted personality, has exerted total dedication and successfully represented the interests of the two professional bodies.
• He has played a key role in establishing IEI Hosur Local Centre in 2015 and as a Founder Chairman, he has procured a land, within a short span of time, to construct own building for Hosur Local Centre.
• He has served as National Vice-President in Indian Society for Technical Education, New Delhi, from 2012 to 2014.
• He has visited various countries including Japan, United States of America, Canada, Argentina, Dubai, China, Singapore and Sri Lanka to disseminate his knowledge treasure.
• He is blessed with a daughter and a son.