Dr. S M Prasanna Kumar
Rungta College of Eng. & Technology, Bhilai
- D from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka, in 2007.
- Thesis on “Use of Pozzolanic and non-Pozzolanic fly ashes and cement for Stabilization of Soils – A Comparative Study”.
- E. (Construction Technology) from University Visveswaraiah College of Engineering, Bangalore in 1988. (Secured 78.4%, highest in the batch).
- Expert in subjects like Theory of Elasticity & Plasticity, Design of structures I & II, Prefabricated Structures, Concrete Technology, Advanced Mechanics & Construction Management, etc.
- E. (Civil Engineering) from Government U.B.D.T. College of Engineering, Davangere, Karnataka in 1984. (Secured 70%).
AREA OF COMPETENCE & RESEARCH
- Soil Stabilization
- Fly Ash Utilization
- Mineralogy of Soils
- High Volume Fly Ash Concrete
- Rice Husk Ash Utilization
- Design of ecofriendly building
- Alternate to Cement
- Nano Technology application to civil engineering field
ACADEMIC COURSES TAUGHT
- Engineering Mechanics
- Design of Steel Structures I and II
- Transportation Engineering
- Strength of Materials
- Structural Analysis I & II
- Soil Mechanics / Geo-technological Engineering
- Prestressed Concrete
- Experimental Stress Analysis
- Theory of Elasticity
- Design of RCC Structures I and II