Faculty of Management Studies – University of Delhi
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Economics
1993 – 1998
Privatization or Public Regulation: A Managerial Perspective
University of Delhi
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.), Economics
1987 – 1990
Debt Structure and Debt Services of Sub-Saharan Africa
Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi
Master’s Degree, Economics
1984 – 1986
Lady Sri Ram College, University of Delhi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Economics
1982 – 1984
AREA OF COMPETENCE & RESEARCH
1. “Reforming Indian Public Sector Enterprises-The Efficiency Dimensions”, Journal of Management Research, Vol. 1, No. 3 May-Aug. 2001.
2. “Financing Indian Infrastructure – A Greenfield Privatization Approach”, in Contemporary Issues in Finance, edited By V.K. Bhalla, Anmol Publications Pvt Ltd., New Delhi, 1999.
3. “Dis-investment in India”, The Journal of Institute of Public Enterprise, Dec 1998.
4. “The Indian Experience with the Memorandum of Understanding”, Abhigyan, Vol. 3, No. 16, July-Aug. 1998.
5. “Reforming State Owned Enterprises- The Indian Experience”, Company Secretary, April 1998.
6. “Full Convertibility”, Indian Management, 37 No.2, Feb 1998.
7. “Privatization and Public Regulation”, Paradigm, vol. 1, No.2 Jan 1998.
ACADEMIC COURSES TAUGHT
Have undertaken several research projects and acted as an advisor to institutes and organizations such as the Ministry of Finance (Government of India), Ministry of Industry (Government of India), National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.